Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Hold Steady c/s review on DCist

The fine folks at the DCist keep posting my concert reviews, and I greatly appreciate it.

I went to see the Hold Steady at Ottobar in Baltimore on Monday and did a review for them. First off, Ottobar is a great little place -- cheap Natty Boh and Pabst, good sound system, really intimate, easy to park on the street nearby. Second, the Hold Steady were terrific. Big Sleep opened up and I'd describe them as "abrasive". Sean Na Na -- a sort of musical alter ego of Har Mar Superstar -- and played a very good punk/pop set, equally informed my the Jam and the Lemonheads.

For more, you can find my full review of the Hold Steady's set here.

I link to them a lot, you should also, be sure to check out the full DCist page regularly for all that's going on inside the Beltway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home