Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I'm From Barcelona

Man, folks are going crazy these days for the 29-piece (!) indie pop collective I'm from Barcelona, who are actually from Sweden. If you ask me, the whole thing reeks of an Architecture in Helsinki rip-off (they're actually from Australia): lots of funny, childish instruments like kazoos and glockenspiels, lots of group choruses. Pitchfork seemed to enjoy their album, Let Me Introduce My Friends, and initial listens to "Treehouse" are promising (less so supposed standout track "We're from Barcelona").

Right now, my inner cynic has to be reminded how much I actually enjoyed the Polyphonic Spree the first few times, and how oddly affecting a happy-go-lucky group like the aforementioned Architecture can be. At any rate, we're about to be hit with a tidal wave of I'm from Barcelona press/hype, so you may as well go for a little dip before it's too late.

Check out the tunes on their myspace here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home